"I have told you this so that my joy might be in you and your joy might be complete." John 15:11

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Baby Due!

Me and Philip at one week.    I love this picture - we are both glowing!

It is hard to believe, but our little girl will be arriving on Monday!  Although things are going well, my doctors all agree that baby needs to be delivered this week, which means I'll be having a repeat c-section.  I was hoping to avoid a c-section because of the recovery period, but put it in God's hands.  Luckily I am not one to get too hung up on how my babies are delivered - I just want them safe in my arms.  Still, I would appreciate any prayers you are able to offer for a smooth delivery and recovery.

I am amazed that this pregnancy, which we found out about in early December, is drawing to a close.  Other than the first trimester, it has gone beautifully.   Although there are aches and pains, I am in much better shape then I was with my pregnancy with Philip.  I even still have ankles and can wear my wedding ring in August!  I thank Philip for that - I think that chasing him around instead of sitting at a desk all day is what has made the difference. 

The last few weeks have been bittersweet.  Although this baby is so loved and desired, I truly treasure my time alone with my little boy...and Andy of course!  I have been trying to take in all the little moments.  It is hard to know that our special time together will be ending soon and I worry most about how Philip will handle the transition.  I know our hearts are all about to expand this week and God will give us the grace we need.  If you are able, please remember us in your prayers this week.  I will be offering up my pain and anxiety for those desiring the gift of a child.

3 comments:

  1. Praying for a safe delivery! I can't wait to see pics of the little one..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for your little gal to arrive safely :).

    ReplyDelete