"I have told you this so that my joy might be in you and your joy might be complete." John 15:11

Thursday, October 24, 2013

Philip Funnies VI


Suddenly Philip is acting like he is hard of hearing and constantly asking me to repeat myself over and over again. Here is how a conversation played out recently.
Me: Blah blah blah
Philip: What Mommy?
Me: Blah blah blah
Philip: What Mommy?
Me: Blah blah blah
Philip: What Mommy?
Me: Blah blah blah (said loudly and in a slightly exasperated tone)
Philip: That's too loud for me, Mommy!
Me: Sorry, I thought you couldn't hear me.
Philip: What Mommy?

"I was timing out!" (in time out)

"Reading" the book The Fox and the Hound. "Once upon a time there was a fox. Bye-bye foxies!" Tosses book aside.


After watching several flocks of geese flying overhead.
Me: Where do you think they are going?
Philip: They going to the beach house.
 
After I called Julia a baby.
Philip: No, he's not a baby. He's a gaaaarl (girl).

"You can't trust baby."


"You've got to be kidding me, Mama!"

Andy: Who is your godfather?
Philip: Jesus


Getting ready for naptime one day, I was telling him that he was sick and needed to get some rest. "No, I not sick!," he repeated over and over. After having his pre-nap snack he said, "Okay, I ready to be sick now!"


Philip's profound thoughts:
Philip: If it's pink, it's pink.
Me: The sky? (It was sunset)
Philip: No the leaves. And if they are yellow, they are yellow.
Later:
"If Herbie can't bite, he can't bite."
Still later:
"If I don't have to, I don't have to."

No comments:

Post a Comment