"I have told you this so that my joy might be in you and your joy might be complete." John 15:11

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

St. Andrew Christmas Novena

Last year at this time, I had recently found out I was pregnant.  One day I received a package in the mail from one of our friends, probably the only friend who knew about our pregnancy at that point.  She said that ever since she found out I was pregnant, she felt called to send me the St. Andrew Christmas Novena.  The package included a set of beads that she and her son had made the previous Advent as well as a copy of the prayer.  I think this is one of the most beautiful prayers.

Saint Andrew Christmas Novena

Hail and blessed be the hour and moment in which the Son of God was born of the most pure Virgin Mary, at midnight, in Bethlehem, in piercing cold. In that hour, vouchsafe, O my God! to hear my prayer and grant my desires, through the merits of Our Saviour Jesus Christ, and of His Blessed Mother. Amen.
The "Christmas Anticipation Prayer," is prayed 15 times every day from the Feast of Saint Andrew the Apostle (November 30) until Christmas.  Andy and I prayed this each day for our special intention and it brought us a lot of hope during the first trimester.  Did you know that St. Andrew is the patron saint of women who wish to become mothers (among many other things)? I didn't know that until last Advent. 

I am amazed that it is now a year later and I am sitting here holding my sweet Philip Andrew!

1 comment: