"I have told you this so that my joy might be in you and your joy might be complete." John 15:11

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Father's Day

Still catching up!  We had a great Father's Day.  My Dad left town that morning, but we celebrated with him the night before. More about his trip soon; for now I will say that I felt like I received a Father's Day gift by having him with me for the week.  It was such a blessing!

After Andy dropped my Dad off at the airport, we had breakfast and Philip and I gave some gifts to Andy.  In the afternoon, we went to downtown Annapolis.  We mainly mosied around town and enjoyed one another's company.  Philip kicked back in his stroller - he was pretty tired when we took these shots! 




We enjoyed a dinner downtown, then headed back to get the little man in bed.  Afterwards we enjoyed a rare treat by watching a movie together.  I have been pretty strict since Philip was born about not losing precious dissertation time in the evenings or on weekends by watching tv and movies.  Poor Andy - he works hard! 

One of the special blessings of this past year has been watching Andy become a father.  Philip loves his Dad so much.  He fusses when Andy leaves for work in the morning.  He gets excited when he hears his Dad walk in the door at night.  You can hear his breathing pick up and if he is on the ground he crawls over as fast as he can!  If Andy doesn't pick him up first thing (before even putting down his bag), Philip gets upset.  It is so much fun to watch them play together in the evenings.  Boys just play different and it is fun to see what Andy comes up with!

I am so thankful for my husband.  He is hard-working, faithful, loving, smart, friendly, funny, supportive, generous, and oh so sweet!  We have so much fun together - he really is my best friend! 


No comments:

Post a Comment