"I have told you this so that my joy might be in you and your joy might be complete." John 15:11

Monday, February 14, 2011

House Tour Stop #1: Philip's Room

There is a nursery in my house!!!

When we were looking at the house we were excited to see a room already painted blue!  It happened to be the littlest bedroom in the house which was perfect, as Philip has the smallest furniture.  I'm really glad it was already painted this color blue because I'm sure I would have tried to find a perfect match for our bedding set, but I love this color and think it complements the set without being too matchey-matchey.

 We spend many hours in here rocking, singing, reading stories, and getting Philip to fall to sleep.






When you get married or have a baby, you are reminded how blessed you are to be surrounded by a great community.  Without the showers and kind gifts from friends and family, it would be really difficult for anyone to afford to set up a home or prepare for a baby.  I was reminded of this when I did a complete home inventory before I moved - I was amazed at how much it would cost to replace the things in my kitchen alone!

Thank you to everyone who helped make our nursery possible.

3 comments:

  1. Looks awesome! I like the blue too. Can't wait to see the rest of the house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the stencil on the wall!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!! Thanks for sharing pics of your new house. Since I can't see it in person - this is the next best thing. Sooooo excited for you guys - new house, new baby, new chapter in life. How fun!!! Absolutely love keeping up with pics of you guys. God Bless!!
    Abby

    ReplyDelete