"I have told you this so that my joy might be in you and your joy might be complete." John 15:11

Monday, July 9, 2012

Georgia on Our Minds

In June we took a trip to Georgia for the week. Andy had a meeting in Atlanta, so Philip and I decided to go with him and stayed with my in-laws.  On our way down, we stopped in North Carolina for our nephew's high school graduation.  It was fun to go to a high school graduation - probably my first since my own.  We had a great time visiting with other family members and playing at my brother- and sister-in-laws new house.

While we were in Geogia, we spent hours playing piano:


We took Philip to the park:

Riding the painted cow

Philip was in shock that I walked away from him to take a picture

A few of my Georgia friends came over one day for playtime. My mother-in-law was so kind to make lunch for all of us.

I've been friends with the girl on my left since I moved to Georgia in 6th grade! 
The girls on my right are friends from college.

Philip thought it was really fun to watch his grandparents play Yahtzee every day.



Andy had Friday off of work and I had been dreaming of taking Philip up to his grandparent's mountain property.  We spent about a half a day in the mountains and as expected, Philip loved it!



Hiking time

Happy dog

Happy boy



Checking out turkey tracks

That evening we went to a coffee shop to listen to one of our nephews play with his band.  We always miss these types of events, so it was fun that the timing worked out.

We headed back to the park with Andy the next day.



I had talked my in-laws into throwing a graduation party for Andy while we were in town, since most of our family wasn't able to travel up for his actual graduation.  I was super surprised when I found out that they had decided to make it a joint baby shower/graduation party.  One of my first surprise parties ever!


My sister-in-law made a special cake for us.

If you look closely, you can guess the baby's first name!

Andy's with his brother Pete and Philip

Sunday was Father's Day.  My parents had come up for the weekend, so we were able to spend the day with both of our fathers, which was a great treat!

If you can't guess, Andy's dad is on the left and mine is on the right

Three generations of wonderful guys

No comments:

Post a Comment