"I have told you this so that my joy might be in you and your joy might be complete." John 15:11

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Old and New

In my home-decorating extravaganza the last couple months, I decided I wanted to put a sign on our laundry room door.  Why I got the urge to do this, I don't know.  Perhaps because it is the only yucky, unfinished room in our house and I am desperately trying to make it look decent.  The laundry room is quite large and doubles as a storage room since we have no attic.  Until my father-in-law visited, it didn't have a door on it, so the craziness was even more magnified.

I managed to find some signs in stores and online, but for some reason, they are all very country-looking.  That look isn't really my style, so they were no gos.  A couple weekends ago I found this sign at our antique store:


Yes, still country looking, but I knew it had potential. Here is what I created:



While I was taking these photos I put Philip down at my feet to play.  When I glanced down to check on him, this is what I found:




This kid just won't slow down!  Please stop growing up so fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment