"I have told you this so that my joy might be in you and your joy might be complete." John 15:11

Saturday, September 3, 2011

13 Months

Philip has taken very well to being one year old.  He is developing by leaps and bounds as usual.
The big news is that he started walking this month.  He usually only takes a handful of steps at one time, but he is definitely improving each day.  All of his walking and crawling is leading to him slimming down.  Boo hoo!  It is sad to see his little belly and thighs thinning out. He used to have no problems holding up his pajama bottoms, but now I notice him losing his pants quite often!


He is becoming a very organized little boy.  A favorite activity is to pick up objects, place them somewhere new, return them to their original location, then repeat.  This is actually a great stage as he tends to clean up after himself!

Herbie is having a good time with his little buddy.  He baits him along, then runs out of reach when Philip crawls after him.  He is very gentle with Philip and understanding if he gets his hair or tail pulled, or even if he gets tackled occasionally!  One new development in Herbie's world is that he finally got up the courage to jump over the baby gate.  When I first ordered the gates, I didn't even think about the fact that the cat may not be able to get through them.  Afterwards I happened upon these gates and thought they were hilarious!



Philip finally got his eighth tooth this month.  We've been waiting on it for a couple months.  Every time he had a bad day, or slept poorly at night, I would tell Andy that I thought the new tooth was coming in.  So after lots of failed predictions, on the day his tooth finally broke, I didn't even bother to check his mouth until the evening, even though he was being exceptionally cranky.  Poor baby must have been in lots of pain to be so cranky! 



He started sleeping through the night, but that all changed towards the end of the month when we started doing some traveling and he got a tooth.  I'm hoping he will go back to blissfully sleeping through the night again soon!



He is starting to share things now, especially food.  One unfortunate new skill is that he started throwing his food.  Now I'm not pointing fingers at anyone, but this did start just after a certain food-throwing little girl visited my house. 


I thought we nipped it in the bud the first week, but after a brief period of peace, the food-throwing has returned this week.

My little guy is turning into a climber.  This is not necessarily a good thing!  At least he is keeping me on my toes.  It has been another exciting month for us!

2 comments:

  1. He is SO cute. Love keeping up with you guys and watching Philip grown through your blog. I can't believe he is 13 months old. Awesome!!! Can't wait to hear about the beach trip and see pictures of your boys playing in the sand. :-) Lots of love and prayers - Abby

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is getting SO big! I LOVE that stage when they put things away ... except when they decide "away" includes the garbage can. I once pulled 9 Little People out of the garbage bag when Elizabeth thought it would be fun putting them in. She just couldn't get them out. One year we had to repeatedly check the Christmas Tree because Felicity thought the Little People animals could act as ornaments. I don't think we've really had any food throwers but we've had our climbers. It took me all of last December to convince Elizabeth not to crawl onto the kitchen table and dance on it.

    ReplyDelete