"I have told you this so that my joy might be in you and your joy might be complete." John 15:11

Thursday, April 26, 2012

I'm Still Getting Used to This


Notice anything different?


Last week: 

This week:

Yup, Philip got a major haircut. Seriously, if I wanted him to have a buzz cut, I could have done it myself for a lot less money and a little less drama.  Oh well, it is hair and it will grow back!  His hair is so light now and when I look at him I can see more of Andy's side of the family coming out.  He reminds me of some of my little nephews. 

The bright side for Philip is that this means he can go longer before he has to get his next haircut.  He is crazy dramatic about having a stranger touch his hair.  And I'm not confident at all that he would be any better if I tried to cut it myself.  We definitely made a scene at the hair salon, which I knew would happen and is why I planned  this adventure for a weekend when Andy could go with me.  A few people came up to try to distract him or offer him treats to help him get through the cut, but this kid is like a wild animal caught in a trap when he is getting a haircut!  They all quickly realized that it is best to walk off and leave him alone.  Poor guy, hopefully one day he will realize that it doesn't hurt to get his haircut!

No comments:

Post a Comment