"I have told you this so that my joy might be in you and your joy might be complete." John 15:11

Saturday, May 28, 2011

10 Months

Philip is 10 months old! 

He is a very busy boy.  His day consists of crawling around, pulling up, then sitting back down.  Up and down and round and round he goes all day long!


Philip got his sixth tooth this month.  He has quite the toothy grin!  He is using those chompers to eat more food now.  There was one day when he all of a sudden decided that eating solids wasn't such a bad thing after all.  The switch happened sometime between lunch and dinner.  At lunchtime that day, I was literally putting a piece of food in his mouth, just to get him to taste it, and at dinner he couldn't get enough carrots and blueberries.  He eats better at some meals then others, but overall he has made a lot of progress.

We started working on introducing a sippy cup with water. He didn't quite get it at first:


He still isn't too good with it.  Sometimes he just gnaws on it, but other times he does manage to suck some water out.

We are seeing signs of separation anxiety now.  When Andy leaves for work, or leaves his room at night after bedtime prayers, he starts to cry.  He does the same if Andy is holding him and I leave the room.  It isn't too crazy yet, but it is starting.

Philip is continuing to nap very well.  I have been able to get my work done during his naptimes almost every day.  Some days I even get a little free time before he wakes up again.  He is starting to spread out the time between naps now though, which has led to a pretty late bedtime - usually in the 9:00 hour.  He still gets up twice a night, but they are very brief milk breaks, so I am hoping he will outgrow at least one of his wakeups soon.

When I go to get him out of his crib, he is usually sitting up and playing with his lovey.  He likes to bite its ears.


I think it is funny that babies really do say "ga ga goo goo."  I love hearing all of Philip's conversations and the new words he comes up with.  It also seems that he understands a lot more of what I am saying.  It is hard to imagine that he understands me, but he does respond appropriately sometimes to things that I say.


He likes to go on walks in his stroller.  This is the same kid that used to scream through the neighborhood when I tried to take him out on walks.  I often ended up putting him in a baby carrier and pushing around an empty stroller.  So glad he grew out of that!

Philip in his new ride - I would say that he is a satisfied customer.

Just in case you didn't get enough pictures above, here are some more of our favorites from this month:



He is towering above his toys now.





Next step in baby-proofing needs to be figuring out what to do with our recycling bin.  He likes to knock it over and check out what is inside.  Luckily it is mainly "clean" trash.


No comments:

Post a Comment