"I have told you this so that my joy might be in you and your joy might be complete." John 15:11

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Happy Birthday Little Ladybug!

Don't worry, we don't call Philip a little ladybug, and you didn't miss his birthday!
My niece just celebrated her first birthday!  Isn't she a cutie pie?


I can't believe it has already been a year since I got the call in the middle of the night saying that my sweet niece had been born.  Wow - these kids grow fast! 

We weren't able to visit her on her birthday, so we are living vicariously through pictures.  How cute is she sleeping through her own party:


For part of her birthday gift, I took this:


and made this:



I love how it turned out.  I got the idea from another blog.  Here is the tutorial I used.  To solve the dilemma with the knobs, I just used a single hole punch.  It created holes just a little bit smaller than the knobs which was actually perfect because it made for a nice, tight fit.

The photos are of her grandparents, aunts/uncles, and cousins.  I would have included godparents as well, but in this case, Andy and I are blessed to be the godparents.  One of the reasons that I loved this idea is because none of us lives in the same town as her, so she doesn't get to see all of us as much as we would like.  Hopefully when she comes up for Philip's birthday this summer, she will recognize us!

No comments:

Post a Comment