"I have told you this so that my joy might be in you and your joy might be complete." John 15:11

Friday, May 20, 2011

House Tour Stop #5: Front Entry


Here is one of my favorite unexpected additions to the house and one of my best buys of the year.  When we first moved in, we just had a little marble-top table at the front entry.  Though I love the table, it made for a messy front entry area.  We tended to have hats, gloves, sunglasses,
keys, shoes, laptops, and bags strewn about. 

One day, I was walking through Kohl's and happened to see this bench and coat rack/shelf.  I loved it right away, but left it at the store.  For the next few days, I kept thinking about it and realized that it would make a much better-looking and functional addition to our front entry.  So, I went back and got it and a few other items for the home during Kohl's cash time.  Everything that I bought was at least 50% off, and I walked out with about $40 in Kohl's cash. 

Philip was getting close to moving into 9 month clothing, and we didn't have much in that size yet.  Luckily, we haven't really had to spend much money on clothes for Philip because we received a lot of clothing as gifts.  9 months was just a size that no one seemed to buy.  So, the following week I went back and shopped the Clearance section for 9 month outfits.  I walked out with four 2-3 piece Carters outfits and three new onesies. 
I was able to use a $50 gift card that I received from my office at Christmas, so in total, I came home with about $550 worth of merchandise that I only paid $170 for!


 I purchased these letters from the craft store and painted them white.  The project cost less than $5 total.  The other items were purchased at Michael's and Home Goods for cheap. The tin is used to hold keys, sunglasses, and hats/gloves in the winter time.


I purchased the baskets to go inside the bench from my craft store for 40% off.  Only cost $20 for the pair!  They fit perfectly.  Andy and I each have a basket to throw shoes, umbrellas, and other items in.

I can just picture Philip sitting on this bench while we put on his shoes.  It is going to be too cute!  For now, this is one of Herbie's favorite places to lay, especially when we have the front door open so he can get some sun.


Wonder what that picture is on the wall going up the stairs?

No comments:

Post a Comment