"I have told you this so that my joy might be in you and your joy might be complete." John 15:11

Saturday, September 20, 2014

Julia at Two

Our little sweetie is 2 years old and it is starting to show!


She had a big year, changing from a baby

to a toddler.

She learned to walk, run, jump, and oh boy, did she learn to talk! She got lots of teeth and lost lots of baby pudge.

At two years old, Julia is

Sweet
 
Spunky
 
Verbal
 
 
Fun-Loving
  
Assertive
 
Curious
 
Silly
 
Shy
 
A Shoe-Lover 
 
Generous
 
Happy

She wants to eat all of her dinners while sitting on my lap (at all other meals and snacks she happily eats on her own).

She loves to read books and is especially fond of her Lift the Flap books. Her other favorite is Hands, Hands, Fingers, Thumb, but she calls the story "Dum Dum" (if you've read the book, you know why).


She is like a second Mommy (or Daddy) to Philip and his friends. Anytime us Mommies make a correction, she always repeats it while quietly continuing to play with whatever she is already doing ("We don't point sticks at each other." "You're getting too loud.").

She loves to play outside and to swing at the park.


She is a great traveler.

When someone talks to her and she is feeling shy, she will close her eyes tight like she thinks we can't see her.


She is very good at sharing and taking turns.

Her hair is coming in really cute - it was still a bit funny at the beginning of the year, but now it is perfect. I even have a neighbor regularly ask if I have taken her for a haircut because it is coming in so stylishly.

Before: Reverse-Mullet - Party in the front, business in the back

After: Who doesn't want bed head like this?

She leans over to put her lips into Herbie's fur and then always declares, "Herbie kissed me!"

She mixes up her words, saying things like, "I want to hold you" instead of "I want you to hold me" or "Come show me" instead of "Come look at me."


She is tough and can stick up for herself with the big kids.

Her preferred snack is sunflower seeds.


We all still call her Baby or Babes.

It has been such a joy to have a little girl in our lives. She brings sunshine and sweetness, and a little bit of oversensitivity at times. She has a smile that could light the world on fire. We are so blessed to have Julia in our lives!
 


And here's a look at her First Birthday update.

1 comment:

  1. Okay, so, I kindof knew she was more than one and I swear I know that two comes after one but, holy cow, how is she two already?!?! Too fast! Happy Birthday, Julia!

    ReplyDelete